Ontario Fishing Regulations Summary
This annual guide to the rules and regulations for recreational fishing in Ontario contains information about recreational fishing licenses, open seasons and catch limits, as well as up-to-date fishing regulations for each fishing zone.
To fish or hunt in Ontario, most people need a valid license. This includes:
- an Outdoors Card (valid for 3 calendar years)
- fishing and/or hunting license tags (valid for 1 or 3 calendar years)
- fishing limits are determined by type of license and zone your fishing (refer to regulations).
You need an Outdoors Card before you can buy a license tag.
A license tag is either:(Hunting)
- a separate document you carry with your plastic Outdoors Card or
- directly printed on the back of your Outdoors Card
You must carry both an Outdoors Card and the appropriate license tag whenever you fish or hunt.
Ontario Outdoors Card